Posted by & filed under News.

Over the years, the Vermont State Treasurer’s Office has worked with Town Clerks as a partner in reaching Vermonters with unclaimed property. Unclaimed property could be forgotten bank accounts, uncashed pay checks, unclaimed security deposits, unused gift certificate, etc.  It is most often in the form of money, but it can also be stocks, mutual funds, and contents of safe deposit boxes.  The property comes from many sources, called holders, such as banks, credit unions, corporations, utilities, insurance agencies, retailers, and governmental agencies throughout the United States.  The Vermont State Treasurer’s Office acts as custodian to safeguard the assets until they can be claimed by the rightful owners or heirs. The first link is a list provided by the State of Vermont for Mendon residents.  The second link is a copy of the claim form to complete.  If you have any questions, please contact the Unclaimed Property Division at (802) 828-2407.  You may search for all unclaimed property at


Unclaimed Property Vermont Claim Form

Comments are closed.