The Town Office will be closed April 27, 2023 in order for the staff to attend trainings, we apologize for any inconvenience.
The Mendon Town Office will be closed on Thursday, April 27 so that the Town Office staff can attend training sessions.
Effective March 20, 2023, in an effort to increase Office Security, the Town Office will be open by appointment only. Monday-Thursday 9am – 4pm
WHAT IF I NEED SOMETHING?
Office staff will be working behind closed doors Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. during this time to ensure vital functions of the Town can occur.
- DOG LICENSES: Dog licenses are due on April 3, please leave your payment and an updated copy of the rabies certificate for each dog in the gray dropbox (NO CASH!!) or send via USPS and we will mail back the new tags.
- TAX BILL COPIES: If you need a copy of your tax bill, please call or email us! We can e-mail copies to you or your tax preparer.
- LAND RECORDS RESEARCH: The Town of Mendon’s Land Records are indexed and scanned back to June 1, 2001, Books 67-109. Land Records for Books 17-65( July 15, 1939 to June 2001) are scanned only and not indexed yet. If you need to find an image in those books you will need to search by book and then find the page(s) you are looking for. The online system is available by clicking here https://recordhub.cottsystems.com/MendonVT. We WILL NOT conduct research for anyone regardless of the current situation as we do not carry Title Insurance and could be held liable should incorrect documentation be mistakenly sent. If you have deed references (book/page required) you may request documents to be emailed to you with an invoice attached. For more information on Land Records available online click here https://mendonvt.gov/land-records/
- VOTER REGISTRATION can be done online at http://olvr.sec.state.vt.us
- TAX MAPS and LISTER cards are available online at https://www.axisgis.com/MendonVT/
Town Office Phone Number is 802-775-1662
• Mendon Town Clerk (Nancy Gondella) email: email@example.com
• Bookkeeper (Jesse Bridge) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Town Administrator (Sara Tully) email: email@example.com, 802-558-3935
• Town Garage: 802-773-4402, Road Commissioner, Bill Ellis – 802-770-2169
• Constable (Lemi Carter): 802-236-2605
• Zoning Administrator: Steve Ellerin – 802-775-1662 ext 4 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Town Assessor (Spencer Potter): 802-496-9689
Please follow our other online sources for information as well:
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENT – SECOND INSTALLMENT
DUE MONDAY MARCH 13, 2023
ACCORDING TO STATE STATUTE (32 V.S.A. §1674), ANY PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED IN THE OFFICE OR POSTMARKED (USPS POSTMARKS ONLY) BY MONDAY MARCH 13, 2023 WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SUBJECT TO AN 8% PENALTY AND 1% INTEREST PER MONTH OR ANY PART THEROF.
Thursday March 9 – open 9am-6pm
Friday March 10 – open 9am-12pm
Monday March 13 – open 9am-6pm
Town Office: 802-775-1662
We now accept credit card payments!
Congratulations to Chris Corsones on being re-elected for your 15th year a Moderator and to Seth Bridge and Lisa Brooks on your newly elected positions on the Selectboard. A huge thank you to all of our election volunteers, we sincerely appreciate you donating your time to the Town.
As a reminder, the office will be closed on 3/6/2023 as we prepare for Town Meeting.
The legal voters of the Barstow Unified Union School District (Unified Union District) comprising of the
voters of the Towns of Chittenden and Mendon are hereby notified and warned to meet at the Barstow
Memorial School (virtual option available to listen and watch only, with no authority to vote from the
floor) on February 28, 2023, in the hall of said school, at 6:30 p.m.